CHANGE

Friday, October 28, 2016

It's been 3 weeks since I took one of the biggest leaps of faith of my life, and I finally have time to sit down and begin writing about it all - to document the journey of where I've been both physically and also the inner journey. I've heard over and over about how brave I am! But life is so short and this was super scary and I'm still figuring it out as I go.  But when I looked back on my life, I did not want to have any regrets or wonder what would have happened "if I had done (fill in the blank)"...

Over a year ago, the idea began forming that I would move. My sweet dog Maggie was supposed to take this journey with me. But she passed away after an amazing time on this earth - we lived so many lifetimes together. And I feel her spirit still with me - ever the sighthound looking ahead to the next adventure.  Bit by bit, I began purging  Elon gongs from my home with the idea of listing my place for sale (or at least to begin living a simple essential life free of clutter). My home was full of natural light and felt like a tree house with birds and wildlife in abundance. It was a beautiful haven in the city.  I called that place home longer than any other in my adult life. For months I struggled with selling and leaving my home. I loved it so & was quite comfortable there. It would have been so easy to stay there, with my friends & wildlife & routine....  But each time I thought I could stay, there was something in my gut saying it was time to go. That inner struggle went on for several months until one day I realized I needed to just take the leap of faith. An adventure was bout to begin!!!! But I tried to have a safe adventure! I had planned a 3 month stay in a furnished rental in an area I knew & loved & surrounded by friends. But my plans fell through at the last minute immediately after my home sale closed, & I was suddenly homeless with my few kept belongings stored at a friends or packed into my car. Adrift.... This was not how I planned or envisioned things. But then life is often full of surprises and hidden gifts.



--

talk/text  614.446.6569

2 comments: