MOM

Sunday, May 14, 2017

My mom passed away 23 years ago. She had just turned 58. When I laugh, I hear her. My laugh has become her laugh. I've become my mother in wonderful ways... I laugh a lot, I remain naive in a beautiful way where I still believe in miracles & good things & beautiful souls. She was like that. She was unwavering in her loyalty to friends & enjoyed the simple things in life - a good laugh & a good book, time spent with family & friends, working in the garden, singing at the top of her lungs, a good sale! We can allwax poetic about Moms on Mother's Day & do the pedestal thing. My mom was human & ordinary, but that made her extraordinary. She loved with the best ability of her heart & parented as a single mom, the best she knew how & even when she might falter, it was always made better with a hug & an "I love you." She taught me to be human & she tried to understand me even though we were different in many ways. But when I laugh, I hear her still... somehow over the years, my laugh has become her laugh - & it's music to my ears.

Happy Mother's Day in Heaven Mom. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!