WATERCOLOR

Monday, May 8, 2017

For my whole ride on this planet, I've been experiencing it all through my eyes. It's how I'm wired. A camera has been in my hand since I was 9, and it gave life to my vision, to my perception of the world with colors, and lines and light. Later, my emotions and spirituality seeped into my photographic work to give it life and spirit. It has always been second nature.... it just comes out of me intuitively.

This month, I'm at an art retreat where I'm giving myself the gift of time to learn new art forms. The first two days have been a little frustrating and eye opening! I wanted to learn & create beautiful things quickly - the way I can create art with my eyes & camera. I guess we all want to get to the jackpot fast... to buy the winning lottery ticket...  find true love on the first date... I'm guilty! I had visions of creating some kind of amazing piece in the first day, intuitively and naturally! But I'm realizing that most of life is starting at the beginning with basics and building a foundation. So I'm taking it slow, and letting myself settle in to enjoy playing, and learning & creating. The Joy is in the process! It's good to learn new things and keep ourselves fresh - and humble!

--

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!