WATERCOLOR and ALTOID MINTS

Monday, May 29, 2017

 When I arrived in Maine at the beginning of May for my art retreat, just a hint of Spring green was visible in the trees - signs that new life was about to awaken. I came here to learn new art techniques specifically watercolor, and I'm leaving with a renewed sense of creativity and and a passion for watercolor.  I got out of my comfort zone! It's been an amazing month!  And since arriving, the world has turned green and is blooming profusely! Leaves are out on the trees, azaleas and lilacs are in  bloom. Everywhere there are flowers and birds singing! It's been a slow and beautiful spring season.

On this adventure, I explored Islesboro and Vinalhaven islands. The ferry ride out in the sea is wonderful! Other days I explored Rockland and Camden. But mostly, I painted and watched online classes I had purchased with Danielle Donaldson. Her enthusiasm was contagious! My time in Maine is coming to a close, but my painting will continue. Since I'll be traveling, I wanted to have small watercolor palettes I could easily carry along.

 I got some half pans at Rockport Blueprint, as well as some small self stick magnets & a great little watercolor journal. Then on my way back to my studio I got a couple of ALTOID tins. Now I have a couple small limited palettes to easily take with me while on my journey to Nova Scotia!



2 comments: