MOM, MOTHER, MAMA, MERE, MATKA, MADRE, MUTER, MUM, OKAASAN

Sunday, May 13, 2018


 MOM IN COLLEGE

There are so many different words and spellings for the incredible women who gave us life. Today is Mother's Day - a day to honor the amazing women in  our lives. A day celebrating the women who birthed us from their bodies, but also those who gave us & our dreams life in their hearts through adoption or mentoring or friendship or love. While I hope we shower love upon and celebrate these women every day, it’s nice to have a day to shout their praises loudly and openly.

It’s a difficult day though for women who have lost their mothers or their daughters or their children before birth or for those who could not have children and become mothers. I always considered myself a mother without a child. I lost my baby girl, Eva Grace, through miscarriage at 5 1/2 months. The only times I was able to hold her, was when I held my hands over my belly bump above her. I can almost still feel that. She would be a woman now and I always wonder what & who she would have become… My mom has been gone 23 years... and I also wonder what living and growth she would have seen.

Happy Mother’s Day to all the women who nurture, who lift us, who support us and our dreams, who grieve with us and celebrate with us, who sit with and give time to us, those who fan our flames to be the best best we can be, to the encouragers, to those who wrap their arms around us and infuse us with strength, to those who adopt and stepmother, to those who are childless but give their love and nurturing to all around them, to the dog moms and cat moms and stewards of Mother earth… And to all of the amazing women that we do these things for, thank you - you are appreciated and loved.

 MOM IN FLORIDA

 DAD, MOM AND MY SURROGATE MOM BERNIE (WITH COFFEE CUP)

MOM AND DAD

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!