THE NEXT AMAZING CHAPTER

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Maggie May at our favorite Michigan cottage - Spring 2015

***** From my voice journal July 8, 2016
8:07 AM
*****

I'm in the process of listing my place and moving, and I've been going back and forth between doing it and not doing it. And I realize it's more a struggle of staying in a comfort zone, that has been quite wonderful actually for the past 10 years, or seeing new horizons.  But I'm in the city and it's not where I've ever really felt I belonged. And life is short. So I'm thinking it's not so much about staying in my home and moving, but about comfort zones and fear and living in possibility. I'm realizing that is much of the struggle in life... is it so bad to really stay in my comfort zone? I'm mean it's good and amazing and maybe that's what life is calling me to do... stay in the comfort zone. But in moments of quiet... at my core, in my heart, in my gut and in my intuition, I really feel that my chapter here is finishing and I'm being called to see what might be around the next turn and to just take the chance. Life has been so good so far and I really believe there will be more good and amazing things to come. So that's kind of where I'm working myself to - to just taking that leap and seeing what the next amazing thing and chapter will be. And it's a bit bittersweet because my sweet Maggie May - my little fur child and kindred spirit and hiking buddy who passed away 6 months ago - was always supposed to be in this chapter with me. I thought I would do this move much sooner, but as she got older and had issues, I realized it wouldn't be fair to her to have her moving to a new environment and that she deserved her comfort zone in her older years. So I stayed put for her. And I'm glad I did. I'm glad she got to stay in the place she knew her whole life. That in her last years, she got to enjoy the place she loved so much... and I enjoyed it with her. So, I'm getting to the point of  appreciating those lovely blessings. I'm so thankful for the gift of  her, and I'm wrapping her sweet adventurous happy spirit and soul up into mine and taking her with me in my heart on this next chapter.


*** Looking back on this voice journal today May 16, 2018 I could never have foreseen, or even imagined in my wildest dreams, the absolutely unbelievable adventure that was about to take place..... and the way my life - and myself as a person - were about to dramatically change forever.  That's just it.... we never know what is waiting... unless we take that first step and look and see.

Maggie running her favorite Michigan beach - Empire, Michigan


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!